Charlotte Regional Business Alliance
Location, infrastructure and talent. Those three elements combine to make the Charlotte region ideal for distribution and logistics operations.下载
Those three elements combine to make Charlotte ideal for distribution and logistics operations. Located at a strategic point on the East Coast between major ports and inland cities, the Charlotte region provides easy access to the bulk of the United States’ population.
Transportation assets include Charlotte Douglas International Airport (the sixth busiest airport in the nation by total aircraft movements) the intersection of two major interstate highways, an inland terminal operated by the North Carolina Ports Authority and Norfolk Southern’s state-of-the-art intermodal facility and CSX’s recently launched direct rail service to the Port of Wilmington.
Charlotte’s strategic location places it centrally on the East Coast, with similar distances to New York, 迈阿密, 芝加哥, St. 路易斯和新奥尔良. Businesses can reach 53 percent of the U.S. population in 2 hours by plane and 12 hours by truck.
Charlotte is served by a highly efficient interstate system. Interstates 85 and 77 link Charlotte with the Northeast, Southeast and Midwest.
Charlotte Douglas International Airport provides over 700 daily flights and serves over 44 million passengers annually.
The Charlotte region’s Foreign Trade Zone #57, 毗邻机场, is a catalyst for companies to improve their competitiveness and profitability in international trade.
The North Carolina Ports Authority operates an inland terminal in Charlotte, linking port facilities in Wilmington with businesses in Charlotte.
• More than 700 daily flights to more than 150 destinations
• Over 44 million passengers served each year
• More than 150,000 tons of cargo shipped annually
• Capable of 200,000 lifts per year
• 连接s to intermodal facilities at Port of Charleston
• 250,000 square feet of heated hangar space
• $2.5 billion infrastructure project
• 连接s New Orleans and New York City, passing through CLT
• Stacking space for 391 containers
• 连接s to Port of Wilmington, NC, via CSX double-stack route